SEO Expert Job application
Thank for your interest in applying to the SEO expert position at One SEO. To give you some background about One SEO and the work we do, One SEO is a small online agency providing search engine optimization services to clients mainly located in the United States but also all around the world. We provide the following services at the moment: off-site SEO, website audits, and content writing services. Our specialty lies in off-site search engine optimization or link building for SEO.
Remote SEO Expert / Link Builder Position- (Commission-based job)
One SEO is currently searching for a young and eager SEO analyst to join its online team. The job is remote and pays in only commissions. Find out more about this job opportunity and how to apply below:
A remote full-time position (with the possibility of moving to an office in the future). Mainly the SEO analyst / link building expert will have to apply to jobs exclusively as a part of our online SEO agency on Upwork, negotiate terms, accept offers according to our criteria, set up the client on our template Google Sheet, reach out to blog owners and webmasters to suggest guest posts, submit and/or publish the guest posts, update billing details in Upwork and on each client’s unique Google Sheet. The job is commission-based with the possibility of switching to a salary-based job. Our commissions are relatively high to compensate for the lack of a basic salary.
ABOUT ONE SEO:
One SEO is a multinational SEO company, working mainly with clients in the United States and Europe, based in Beirut. One SEO was launched in 2016 as a small online agency on a freelancing platform and has grown to become a top rated SEO agency with over 200 projects completed successfully online. The agency is still relatively small but could be rapidly growing with the help of ambitious and talented team members. The agency currently has 3 team members collaborating together to grow the company. You can have a look at our agency’s online profile on Upwork here:
For more information, visit our About page on our website: www.oneseo.net/about.
The benefits of working with One SEO are the following:
– We have a 99% scored, top-rated agency on Upwork (the biggest freelancing website in the world), with more than 6,000 hours worked between the individual profiles and the agency’s profile, which means that we always have clients and projects.
– Our website is growing little by little which means that eventually, more and more individuals and businesses will be contacting us directly to ask us to work on their projects.
– You have the flexibility of working from your home or anywhere, saving on transportation and parking expenses, and allowing you to work while traveling or living abroad, as well as to choose your own working hours to a certain extent.
– According to a global workplace analytics report by FlexJobs, there is a 159% increase in remote work since 2005, and this rate is set to continue to increase. Learning how to work online can open endless opportunities for anyone, especially in countries with few growth opportunities.
The SEO or Link Building Expert will mainly work as part of our online agency operating on Upwork.com. The main role of the SEO Specialist will be to apply online on selected platforms to SEO related jobs as well as to negotiate with potential clients packages, pricing, and job details and to accept/reject offers from potential clients. You will be assigned projects if you cannot win them on your own. A detailed FAQ will be provided to the candidate in order to answer clients’ questions and concerns as well as a full guide on link building and everything else related to performing the jobs successfully. The candidate will be expected to communicate with clients via digital platform messages (mainly through email and Upwork), as well as Skype calls and sometimes telephone calls, and to take over certain on-site and off-site SEO projects. Main tasks will be related to link building, blogger outreach, working on Buzzstream.com to manage blogger communications and relationships and to publish high-quality backlinks to client’s websites via guest posts that our writers will put together (collaboration with the writers will be done via our private writers’ management board on Trello.com).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bid on Upwork to jobs relevant to services that we will be providing including off-page SEO, on-page SEO, content writing projects, domains research projects, keyword research projects and related projects.
- Hold phone calls, Skype calls with potential clients to discuss our services and the way we work, but mainly communicate with clients via Upwork messages and email.
- Respond to job proposals shared with the project manager and the agency (custom / personalized responses). Templates will be provided for this purpose.
- Set up clients on applications that the agency uses including but not limited to Buzzstream.com, Trello.com and Google Sheets. A short guide will be provided for this purpose.
- Perform blogger outreach by reaching out to potential blogs asking to publish guest posts on their sites. A detailed guide will be provided for this purpose.
- Manage articles written by our writers, communicate with our writers, brief our writers and submit articles to blogs and online publications assigned to you.
- Update outreach details on Buzzstream and google sheets, such as level of responsiveness, website niches (example: health, finance, lifestyle etc), any publishing fees, content share type (i.e: does the website accept to publish guest posts, link insertions, both or neither), any guest posting guidelines, your custom rating based on the aforementioned criteria, as well as a few other details.
- Manage and publish blog posts on some of our blogs, currently we only have 2 blogs. A quick tutorial will be provided for this purpose.
- Manage outreach for one of our websites which accepts lifestyle related guest posts (i.e: contact outreach and SEO specialists offering them a chance to advertise on our website via a sponsored guest post which we charge them for).
- Any other tasks related to the job that might be delegated to you later on such as managing website development, paying our part-time writers and / or other freelancers, making payments to web masters and/or other suppliers, recruiting new part-time employees online or offline etc.
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing and link building for SEO.
- 3+ years of experience with new media and internet. Strong technical, account and planning experience required
- Experience multi-tasking in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, collaborative environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Diploma degree in Business Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience (advanced study in digital marketing is a plus).
- Ability to work full-time remotely.
- Ability to commute from time to time for local client meetings and training sessions with the One SEO team.
- A computer with a good processor and a fast internet connection, preferably a Mac.
- Candidate needs to be presentable for client meetings and team meetings.
- Able to have Skype calls with clients in the United States and other countries in flexible timings.
- Ability to work full time preferably from 10am to 6pm
- Experience in SEO and link building in specific.
- Excellent command of English language both spoken and written, Arabic and French are a big plus.
- Very good knowledge of Google Sheets.
- Very detail-oriented and precise.
- Knowledge in working on Upwork.com.
- Very tech savvy and able to adapt to platforms easily.
- Experience with on page and off page SEO.
- Excellent customer service skills and general communication skills.
- Excellent email etiquette skills.
- Experience working with Buzzstream.com or ability to learn it quickly.
- A minimum level of tech-savviness is required.
- Quick research skills are required, quick web-based software learning skills are a plus.
- High-quality writing skills are a big PLUS.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (not required):
- Experience working with Ahrefs.com.
- Experience working with Buzzsumo.com.
- Experience working with SEMRush.com and Moz.com.
- Basic experience in web development and design and able to coordinate web development projects from time to time.
- Experience working with canned responses in Gmail.
- Fluent in Arabic.
The position is mainly a commission-based position. In case of other expenses, these will be covered externally. Candidates will be assigned jobs in the beginning. Payment is given to candidates at the end of the month as a commission on estimated profits (between 25% to 35% of estimated profits depending on whether the candidate works on the projects alone or with other team members’ input). Payments are always made on time via Western Union or online and usually range between $500 to $2,000 for a job well-done. Payments are only made at the end of each project so the first month might be low in terms of salary, unless you close your projects within the same month or in a swift manner. Bonuses and penalties are added or deducted from the final payment according to the candidate’s adherence to guidelines and their ability to complete projects on time and on budget.
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to apply, please complete the below form which includes a few questions as well as an assignment that is mandatory in order for the candidate to be hired. The candidate who performs this assignment successfully will be automatically shortlisted to the final round of the interview and offered the job if he or she meets all of the other job requirements.
Note that it might take a few days or more for you to complete the assignment. Also note that any candidate that does not fully complete the assignments and required fields will be discarded.