If there is any highflier of data, then it is undoubtedly Google Analytics. Google Analytics is that web analytics service that impacts almost everyone in SEM or Search Engine Marketing. But altogether it is a different ball game to actually understand the correct way of navigating the platform & its complexities for positioning records and information to actionable use. Analytics incorporates numerous reports ready for access. However, looking beyond the fundamental vanity metrics testimonies is important for unchaining actionable data that anyone can utilize for boosting sales. Use these Google Analytics tips for boosting sales.
Get the most out of Google Analytics with these tips
- Time wasted = Loss of one sale or one lead, so be cautious – A basic but an advanced Google Analytics tip is that you must keep particular action items handy that you are seeking to address. Checking data for the purpose of simply crunching numbers & checking data is actually a complete waste of time. This can never help in instantly enhancing sales. Ask some questions to yourself prior to proceeding with the utilization of Google Analytics.
What particular bottleneck are you investigating? For instance, drop offs or cart abandons in CTA engagement
What are the metrics you need to address for apprehending this bottleneck?
How can you monitor & enhance it via potential data?
Just when you get hands-on that particular idea for getting started, you can employ the following tips for the betterment of your WordPress development company. Or else you might get engaged in random reports and waste all the time on Analytics that will not be very favorable.
- Produce custom reports – In your way to Google Analytics goals set up, the biggest challenge that you will face is that it takes time for extracting useful data. You might examine for several hours striving to discover something that will boost sales. Though the platform enables deep customization but there is a demerit in context to complexity as well as fabricates a puzzling pathway of information. The creation of custom reports can prevent you from locating data for hours and hours.
- Employ an on–site search bar – People tend to feel overwhelmed every time they land upon a website for the first time. You can handle this challenge with the help of a search bar. But in case you do not agree with this, you will be missing out on amazing data. The best way to use Google Analytics is through on-site search terms details. With this, you will understand what your visitors can anticipate when they land up on your website. For discovering the report, simply navigate to Search Terms & Site Search beneath the Behavior report area.
You can influence the searches for enhanced sales by:
- Fabricating fresh landing pages that are committed to particular search terms
- Utilizing the searches as email campaigns
- Employing common products as upsells or recommendations
If you want to trace keyword data easily, then the best place to start with it is an on-site search terms report.
- Identifying the real conversion rate – This is something very apparent in the context of inbound marketing.
Suppose you just finished writing a fantastic blog post, it went viral & attained back-links of high quality as well. You have driven millions of new visits but very few people clicked on the CTA or signed up for the webinar. This type of usual conversion rate is something that will never impress you.
Why? This is because most people are not really concerned about your service or product & simply won’t convert.
The Opportunity Pie theory affirms that all traffic will not convert and that is sometimes just the nature of inbound marketing. But you find that the conversion data that is displayed to you is actually wrong when you see it from the perspective of Opportunity Pie Theory.
Every visitor needs to be counted in the conversion data even if they are not interested in your products. Google Analytics filters come handy in such scenarios where you can find out users who are bouncing rapidly & who destroy the data.
With the help of an insightful report, you can discard the users for gaining a better idea of how the sales strategy must be.
- Use keyboard shortcuts – Out of many, one of the most followed Google Analytics tips and tricks include the learning of keyboard shortcuts. GA is a platform where you can easily lose track of time trying to craft & operate new reports. With GA keyboard shortcuts you can finish a lot of tasks very easily. You can get hands-on the shortcut list if you hit this key “?” on the dashboard. To really be familiar with all the shortcuts, it will take a few hours. But by this, you can edit and create new reports by saving a lot of time.
- Evaluate sales between desktop and mobile – There is outshined desktop traffic in mobile traffic. In present times, it is the biggest driving factor in context to traffic all over the globe. However, individuals these days spend a lot of time optimizing the sales for desktop conversions & not mobile. If you are also planning to do this, you will be heading towards a big mistake. To get hands-on advanced web ranking Google Analytics, you can begin by evaluating the conversions & sales between mobile & desktop for learning the area to emphasize on for sales. To initiate this, you must utilize the Mobile Overview report beneath the Audience.
Once you get the report, you can segment the tabled data by picking your primary sales goal or conversion. This will help in sorting the information & also compare mobile, tablet and desktop traffic on the website. You will also get to know how these will compare in the context of total conversions & behavior. Analyzing any discrepancies in behavior, conversions and traffic hold importance.
- Custom dashboards – Google Analytics puts forward a wide array of reports & this might make you feel overwhelmed with all vanity metrics. The Google Analytics support that you need here is custom dashboards. These are not only the go-to section for discovering data easily but also your bread & butter. Custom dashboards let you craft your very own Analytics dashboard with just the information that you need to know. Now all you need is a single click for popping in & out of Analytics.
Google Analytics means that you have a massive amount of data in front of you. But this can be extremely overwhelming. Follow these Google Analytics tips for helping you make informed & smarter & data-driven choices that can definitely boost sales via the roof. To understand more about Google Analytics, you can get in touch with the expert team at our WordPress Development Company who will implement the best techniques for your business.